This May 14, a number of promising movies are set to hit theaters. Here are 14 you won’t want to miss.
Checkout this video:
Upcoming movies in May
While many people think of summer as the time for blockbuster movies, there are actually a number of great films coming out in May. Here are just a few that you won’t want to miss.
“Avengers: Infinity War” – This highly anticipated Marvel movie is finally hitting theaters on May 4. The movie brings together characters from all over the Marvel Cinematic Universe in an epic battle against the villain Thanos.
“Book Club” – This comedy, starring Diane Keaton, Jane Fonda, Candice Bergen, and Mary Steenburgen, follows a group of friends who start reading “Fifty Shades of Grey” and end up changing their lives in unexpected ways. It hits theaters on May 18.
“Deadpool 2” – The sequel to the 2016 hit Deadpool, this movie picks up with the titular character as he tries to protect a young boy with mutant powers from the villain Cable. It arrives in theaters on May 18.
Why you won’t want to miss them
The 2014 summer movie season is just around the corner, and with it comes a whole new crop of blockbusters and potential sleepers. Here are 14 movies that you won’t want to miss.
1. The Amazing Spider-Man 2 – The sequel to 2012’s The Amazing Spider-Man, this film looks to up the ante with not one, but two supervillains in Electro (Jamie Foxx) and Rhino (Paul Giamatti). Can Peter Parker (Andrew Garfield) handle both threats? We’ll find out on May 2.
2. Godzilla – Last seen on the big screen in 1998, the king of all monsters returns in a reboot from director Gareth Edwards (Monsters). Will this new incarnation do justice to the original film? We’ll find out on May 16.
3. X-Men: Days of Future Past – The latest installment in the X-Men franchise brings together the stars of the original trilogy (Hugh Jackman, Patrick Stewart, Ian McKellen) with the cast of 2011’s prequel X-Men: First Class (James McAvoy, Michael Fassbender, Jennifer Lawrence) in an epic battle to save humanity from extinction. In theaters May 23.
4. Maleficent – Angelina Jolie stars as Sleeping Beauty’s iconic villain in this live-action retelling of the classic fairytale. In theaters May 30.
5. A Million Ways to Die in the West – Seth MacFarlane follows up his hit comedy Ted with this Western spoof that features an all-star cast including Charlize Theron, Liam Neeson, Amanda Seyfried, and Neil Patrick Harris. In theaters May 30.
Check out the list of new movie releases for May 14th!
-Avengers: Infinity War- The Avengers and their allies must be willing to sacrifice all as they battle to defeat Thanos.
-I Feel Pretty- A woman who struggles with insecurities about her looks wakes from a fall believing she is the most beautiful woman in the world.
-Overboard (2018)- A single, working-class mom who’s struggling to make ends meet is hired to pretend to be the wealthy wife of a man who has lost his memory due to a boating accident.
-Tully- A mother of three understands how she can finally reclaim her life when she meets Marlo, a night nanny.
##Keywords: trailers, movies, May 14
With Memorial Day weekend coming up, there are a lot of great new movies being released. Here are some trailers for movies that will be out on May 14th.
“Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales”
The fifth installment of the popular “Pirates of the Caribbean” franchise, this movie follows Captain Jack Sparrow as he searches for the trident of Poseidon.
This action-comedy is based on the popular ’90s TV show and stars Dwayne Johnson and Zac Efron. The movie follows a group of lifeguards as they try to stop a criminal plot.
The latest movie in the “Alien” franchise, this horror/sci-fi flick follows the crew of the Covenant ship as they encounter a dangerous creature on an uncharted planet.
It’s official: summer movie season is upon us! Here are some of the most anticipated releases hitting theaters this May.
First up is Avengers: Infinity War, the long-awaited third installment in the Avengers franchise. The superhero blockbuster brings together characters from all previous Marvel movies for an action-packed showdown with Thanos, the film’s villain. With an all-star cast including Robert Downey Jr., Chris Evans, Scarlett Johansson, and more, this is one movie you won’t want to miss.
Another highly anticipated release is Solo: A Star Wars Story. This spin-off follows the adventures of young Han Solo, played by Alden Ehrenreich, before he meets Luke Skywalker and becomes a part of the Rebel Alliance. Solo also features Donald Glover as young Lando Calrissian and Emilia Clarke as Qi’ra, Han’s love interest. Fans of the Star Wars franchise won’t want to miss this one!
And finally, if you’re looking for a good laugh this summer, check out Amy Schumer’s new comedy I Feel Pretty. The film follows Renee (Schumer), an ordinary woman who struggles with self-doubt and insecurity on a daily basis. After a traumatic head injury leaves her convinced she is suddenly supermodel-gorgeous, Renee learns to embrace her own unique brand of beauty and learns to love herself for who she really is. I Feel Pretty hits theaters on May 18.
Every year, movie studios release hundreds of films in the hopes that at least a few of them will be hits with critics and audiences alike. But with so many movies to choose from, how can you know which ones are worth your time?
We’ve got you covered. Here are five upcoming movies that we think are worth checking out, based on interviews with the directors, cast members, and other experts.
1. “Avengers: Infinity War”
The Marvel Cinematic Universe has been building to this moment for years, and it looks like it will be worth the wait. “Avengers: Infinity War” brings together nearly every major character from the previous MCU movies for what is sure to be an epic battle against the evil Thanos.
2. “Black Panther”
Marvel’s first movie with a black lead character was a critical and commercial success, and “Black Panther” looks like it will be even better. The film is set in the fictional African kingdom of Wakanda, and features a largely black cast that includes Chadwick Boseman, Michael B. Jordan, and Lupita Nyong’o.
3. ” Solo: A Star Wars Story”
The latest entry in the Star Wars franchise tells the origin story of Han Solo, one of the franchise’s most popular characters. The film features Alden Ehrenreich as Han Solo, Donald Glover as Lando Calrissian, and Emilia Clarke as Qi’ra.
4. “Ocean’s 8”
The Ocean’s franchise gets a female-led reboot with “Ocean’s 8,” which features an all-star cast that includes Sandra Bullock, Cate Blanchett, Anne Hathaway, Mindy Kaling, Sarah Paulson, Awkwafina, Rihanna, and Helena Bonham Carter.” 5.” Incredibles 2″
Pixar’s long-awaited sequel to 2004’s “The Incredibles” picks up right where the original left off, with Mr. Incredible (Craig T. Nelson) stay-at-home dad while Elastigirl (Holly Hunter) goes out to fight crime. The film also features the voices of Samuel L Jackson and Brad Bird (who directed both films).
Movie behind the scenes
From big-budget blockbusters to smaller independent films, there are plenty of great movies set to be released in May. Here are just a few that you won’t want to miss.
“Avengers: Infinity War” – The third Avengers movie is set to be the most epic yet, bringing together all of the Marvel superheroes we’ve come to know and love. This one is sure to be a blockbuster hit.
“Tully” – This comedy-drama stars Charlize Theron as a mother of three who is struggling to keep up with the demands of motherhood. When her wealthy brother hires a night nanny (Mackenzie Davis) to help out, she begins to wonder if she’s losing her grip on reality.
“Disobedience” – Based on the novel by Naomi Alderman, this film tells the story of a woman (Rachel Weisz) who returns to her orthodox Jewish community after the death of her father and rekindles a forbidden romance with her childhood friend (Rachel McAdams).
Looking for something to do this weekend? Check out our list of the best new movies hitting theaters on May 14!
1. Avengers: Infinity War – The Avengers team up with the Guardians of the Galaxy to take on Thanos, who is trying to collect all six Infinity Stones.
2. Overboard – A remake of the 1987 comedy, starring Anna Faris and Eugenio Derbez. In the movie, a wealthy playboy (Derbez) gets knocked overboard and washed up on shore, where he’s then mistaken for a janitor (Faris).
3. Tully – Charlize Theron stars as a mother of three who forms an unlikely friendship with her night nanny (Mackenzie Davis). The movie is written and directed by Diablo Cody and Jason Reitman, the team behind Juno.
4. Bad Samaritan – A horror thriller about two young men who break into a wealthy man’s home, only to realize that he’s holding a young woman captive in his basement. Starring David Tennant and Robert Sheehan.
It’s already May, which means that summer movie season is just around the corner. We’ve rounded up a list of some of the most hotly anticipated films set to hit theaters this month, from big-budget blockbusters to smaller indie productions. So whether you’re looking for a laugh-out-loud comedy or a heart-wrenching drama, there’s sure to be something on this list that will appeal to you.
1. “Avengers: Infinity War”
This long-awaited Marvel team-up movie is finally hitting theaters this month, and fans are eagerly anticipating seeing all their favorite superheroes on the big screen together. The cast is star-studded, including Robert Downey Jr., Chris Evans, Scarlett Johansson, Benedict Cumberbatch, and more.
In this remake of the classic 1980s film, Anna Faris stars as a single mother who gets revenge on a wealthy man (played by Eugenio Derbez) who tries to trick her into believing he is her husband. The film looks like it will be equal parts funny and heartwarming, with a great cast to boot.
Charlize Theron stars in this new movie from director Jason Reitman (Up in the Air, Young Adult) as a mother of three who forms an unlikely friendship with her night nanny (Mackenzie Davis). The film looks like it will be an honest and hilarious portrayal of motherhood, and Theron always gives an outstanding performance.
Based on the novel by Naomi Alderman, this film tells the story of a Jewish woman (Rachel Weisz) who returns to her Orthodox community after the death of her rabbi father and rekindles a forbidden love affair with another woman (Rachel McAdams). Disobedience looks like it will be a beautiful and poignant film about love and acceptance.
In case you haven’t noticed, Hollywood puts out a TON of movies every year. In 2018, there were over 700 movies released in the U.S. alone. That’s a lot of movies to keep track of, which is why we’re here to help.
Here are 14 movies being released on May 14 that you won’t want to miss:
1. “Avengers: Endgame” – The highly anticipated conclusion to the Avengers saga.
2. “John Wick: Chapter 3 – Parabellum” – Keanu Reeves returns as the titular character in this action-packed third installment.
3. “Pokémon Detective Pikachu” – The first live-action Pokémon movie follows the titular character as he tries to solve a mystery in Ryme City.
4. “The Hustle” – Anne Hathaway and Rebel Wilson star as two con artists who team up to take down the men who have wronged them.
5. “Booksmart” – A coming-of-age story about two academic rivals who realize they’ve been wasting their time in high school and set out to make up for lost time on the night before graduation.
6. “The Intruder” – A young couple’s idyllic life is disrupted by the arrival of their new next-door neighbor, who seems to have ulterior motives.
7. “Long Shot” – Charlize Theron and Seth Rogen star in this romantic comedy about an unlikely romance between a politician and a journalist.
8. “UglyDolls” – An animated musical comedy about a group of extroverted dolls who live inPerfection, a town where they’re not appreciated for being different.